England Part 3: To Heathrow

A thumbs up from not just one, but two death metal musicians, one of them being a world famous one? Check.

Autographed drum sticks from the drummer of Children Of Bodom? Check.

A personal invitation to a future show the next time the band shows up in the States? Check.

Gorgeous, in a cute way, girlfriend who is possibly bisexual? Check.

Increased motivation to find Betty Cooper? Oh heck, yes.

The trip back to London gave me quite a lot to think about. Meeting Nathalie was definitely one of the best things that could have happened to me. It wasn't just the courage to play a drum set in a restricted area backstage, and it was not the resolve to curb my previous habits as all-eating, all-sleeping machine.

It was simply the fact that I met her. There was something about her that just seemed right, about as right as being around Betty.

According to what the Coopers told me, the blonde would head to Paris after London. I only hope that I would not be too late.

-----------------------------------------

"So, what time is your flight to Paris?"

"Just shortly after lunch." I paused to take a bite of the crepe I was holding in my hands. After returning to London, both Nat and myself made our way to Hampstead Heath for a nice breakfast before making our next move. "We've got about a couple of hours to kill before we take the Tube to Heathrow. Remember, you still need to get a ticket, and last-minute tickets can sell out quite quickly."

"Awww, don't worry too much, Forsythe, we've got plenty of time to spare. That said," Nat purred, "you look quite cute when you're being serious." Leaning forward and catching me by surprise, the redhead gave me a lingering kiss that would make Archie jealous of me before pulling back. "Mmmm... Lemon and sugar. Simple, but effective."

"I..." How the heck will I survive another one of her kisses? "Want to head to the nearby flea market?" That was completely random, but it'd do for now.

-----------------------------------------

Two hours later, we were taking the Northern Line back towards the city, where we would switch over to the Picadilly Line and head west towards Heathrow Airport. I could not help but take the occasional peak at the neckless that Nat had bought and was now wearing. While it simply looked like a stylised Cross, it complemented her very well, and made her look even more innocent, something I thought was impossible. Not to mention that the neckless had found a really good home in the middle of her chest.

The fact that Nat had caught me staring at her chest did not help at all. Given that the Tube tends to get crowded at times, right now being one of those times, the redhead knew how to tease me.

"Like what you see?" As I blinked at her in surprise, the doors opened to let in more passengers, forcing Nat to press her body against mine. While I might not have shown much interest in dating in the past, I did hear enough of Reggie's off-hand comments to know if a girl is excited in the , ah, non-traditional sense and, as of now, I could tell that Nat was really excited. Needless to say, not even the UN could disarm my own natural reaction to this.

Embarrassing as it was, I took delight in Nat's attempts to flirt with me. It was not the self-satisfaction that I get whenever I eat; it was the thrill of being exposed to her advances in the public that I appreciated.

"Say, aren't the two of you a bit too young to be backpacking around the world?" There goes my train of thought.

"Fuck off, loser," Nat muttered to herself under her breath. Turning around, I saw the guilty party, a fat, 20-something no-life, slink off to the other side of the carriage. You've got to love that redhead's openness.

-----------------------------------------

Yes, you've really got to love Nat's openness, I thought to myself as we were making out in an out-of-the-way corner after getting her ticket. Life is looking pretty grand now, and will probably turn out to be greater once I've found Betty.

No comments: